Data Center Infrastructure Management Leader Modius Launches New Version of Facilities Measurement and Monitoring Platform
OpenData v3.7’s enterprise-class availability and data integrity provides 100% fail-over protection for both on-premise and cloud-based Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) implementations
- High Availability Configuration Options – Modius has developed 4 new configuration options to insure high availability and redundancy for installations of its OpenData platform. These options provide 100% fail-over protection for OpenData’s database, application and data collection architecture.
- Chart and Graphical Analytics – Modius has added a new, robust reporting feature that allows users to easily assess variations in performance data over a fully customizable time period. These easy to read, interactive reports provide instant statistical analysis across individual or groups of devices in the data center.
- Active Directory User Management – OpenData v3.7 now allows for its users to be authenticated against the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) server to insure that access and permissions are consistently applied.
- SAP Crystal (Xcelsius) Dashboard Integration – Based on recent customer field work, Modius has developed a new integration that provides the ability to embed SAP Crystal (Xcelsius) dashboards and reports directly into OpenData. This new feature allows SAP Crystal users to access their existing reports and dashboards without leaving the OpenData application.
- Extended Browser Support – OpenData v3.7 now supports Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE) versions 8 and 9 as well as Mozilla Firefox versions 4, 5 and 6.
“As more and more data centers adopt DCIM solutions to manage their assets and infrastructure, the importance of application uptime and data integrity becomes a critical factor for selecting the right product from the right vendor,” said Craig Compiano, CEO of Modius. “Modius’ ability to offer the customer enterprise-class options for high availability and redundancy across the OpenData architecture insures that decisions derived from this critical application are timely and accurate.”
From a single console, Modius’ OpenData platform displays in real-time comprehensive power and environmental intelligence from a distributed network of facilities - including data centers, server closets, call centers and mechanical yards. Using these metrics, data center leaders have the ability to anticipate and plan for numerous data center events that will enable them to reduce data center energy consumption. The system can be installed either locally within the enterprise network or remotely with the database and server application hosted in a cloud-based configuration for easier service management.
Modius is now offering a free trial of OpenData v3.7 to companies that are interested in exploring the benefits of their enterprise-class DCIM solution. For more information on participating in this free trial, please visit our website at www.modius.com.
Modius Inc. is the leading provider of real-time monitoring and performance management software for facilities infrastructure. Modius’ solutions enable IT and facilities to work collaboratively to lower energy costs, expand capacity and improve availability of IT services. The Modius flagship product, OpenData®, monitors all power-distribution, cooling and environmental sensor equipment from a single console, providing comprehensive operational intelligence for unified performance analysis and metrics. OpenData® captures and stores health, thermal and energy-consumption data from a broad range of site infrastructure devices and sensors, providing real-time monitoring for data centers, call centers, server closets and mechanical yards. For more information, visit http://www.modius.com or call (888) 323-0066.
Mark E. Stumm