OpenData Standard Edition
Modius offers a 'Standard Edition' version of its flagship product, OpenData. Standard Edition supports all of the features and functions of the Enterprise Edition of the OpenData platform, but designed specifically for small to medium, single-site deployments. The power of Standard Edition is the ability to quickly install a fully-functional monitoring, and analytics application that not only allows you set alarm thresholds from any instrumentation point from any device (networked or serial) in your facility, but it also warehouses that historical data, providing a rich set of information for troubleshooting issues, analyzing performance, recognizing trends, and providing reports to management. Optionally, OpenData’s Standard Edition can be configured to support Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) functionality for asset management, power capacity management and environmental management.
Standard Edition installs as a software application onto any Microsoft operating system and can be run natively or within a VM. The application uses multiple software 'Collectors' to capture data from different devices whether they are using different protocols (BACnet, SNMP, Modbus, etc.), are located on different networks, or are being monitored by 3rd-party systems. The application is browser-based and was designed to be completely configurable by the end-user. An unlimited number of recipients can receive the alarms via email, text or pager. The amount of data collected by Standard Edition is limited by database sizing constraints, but Standard Edition is completely field upgradeable to Enterprise Edition with no limit to the amount of data stored.
Real-time visibility of all monitored equipment set to a single escalation and alarm policy.
|Complete infrastructure performance monitoring in an easy to use solution.||OpenData provides a complete solution for monitoring all the devices in your facility in a self-sevice, easy to deploy and use solution. You can download the application and begin collecting data and monitoring equipment in under 1 hour.|
|Built-in Reporting capabilities
||OpenData provides both standard and custom reports through the on-boarding of reporting capabilities. Because the data is not exported, visiblity of that report remains and its value is not lost.|
||OpenData provides multiple levels of alarm/alert escalation to an unlimited number of recipients to assure the quickest resolution to unplanned issues.|
||OpenData has a number of optional modules to extend the base functionality to support DCIM capabilities; (Asset Management, Power Capacity Management, Environmental Management)|
||OpenData Standard Edition can be upgraded to support more functionality (DCIM Asset Management) or larger facilities (Enterprise Edition).|
OpenData Standard Edition resides on a management system either in the customer's facility or hosted in the cloud. The software collects and evaluates the signals from each device, then transforms those signals into unified, federated view of real-time performance data and alarms for all networked and non-networked assets from all vendors.
OpenData Standard Edition includes:
- Modius OpenData Standard Edition software application, which includes a complete library of device interface templates that enable automatic data capture from any network-addressable device in the data center, whether power or cooling equipment, environmental sensors, or IT devices.
- Modius Protocol Translator and three data collectors
- Microsoft SQL Server Express database (10 GB size limit, which covers approximately 200 devices)
- Alarm and Event Management - OpenData Alarm and Event Management provides Real-time monitoring of all critical infrastructure assures your information is always current. Performance data is presented intelligently, so you can see what matters at a glance. And, a unified alarm management system mitigates spurious alarms and helps you make sense of the chaos. By providing visibility and decision support, OpenData takes the guesswork of equipment monitoring and facility management.
- Asset Management - The OpenData Asset Management module provides data center and IT facilities managers with the ability to clearly visualize their assets and infrastructure, manage the placement of this equipment, and make informed capacity management decisions as new equipment is deployed and old equipment is retired. Beyond spreadsheets or using cumbersome CMDB implementations to manage data center infrastructure, Modius' OpenData Asset Module was designed specifically to address the documentation and management requirements of data center facilities infrastructure and the IT equipment it supports.
- Power Capacity Management - OpenData Power Capacity Management module captures data from power meters, busways, raceways, and other components in the power chain to monitor power consumption of racks and cabinets. Meters at each service or branch feed can supply data using either SMNP or Modbus protocols. OpenData uses this data to provide detailed power consumption statistics at varying levels, including room, zone, row, or rack-level.
- Environmental Management - OpenData Environmental Management module captures data from a variety of sensors; temperature, humidity, leak detection, air flow, security systems, and other data center infrastructure to provide real-time feedback on the efficiency of your data center’s cooling systems. Sensors embedded in IT or HVAC equipment, or externally placed throughout the data center, use either SMNP or Modbus protocols to send data to Open- Data. This data provides real-time monitoring of environmental conditions and capacity trends over time.
- Reporting Package - OpenData Reporting package allows end-users to quickly and easily create custom reports from OpenData assets/devices and performance data. The reporting package also includes a number of graphical high-chart templates for superior data visualization.
For more information on OpenData Standard Edition, Downloard our Product Brief.
Modius OpenData Standard Edition is a software application that can be either installed on-premise or hosted in the cloud. Most customer download the application and run it within VMware ESX. The applicatrion installs on MS Server OS 2003/2008 and runs Express version of MS SQL Server 2005/2008. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Modius is committed to supporting customers through every stage of the buying process, from technical assistance on pre-sale questions to defining customized reporting options once a solution is installed. [More]
How To Buy
Download-and-go in under an hour. This off-the-shelf, easy-to-install software enables you to manage all alarms and performance data from all networked infrastructure equipment at a single site. Standard Edition can be up and running in approximately one hour. Contact email@example.com for more information.